On track for the Knysna half and full marathon…


We are 10 days into our group training for the Knysna half marathon and marathon now. Tomorrow is our long weekend run. We are currently training 4 days of the week and these training sessions are taking place over 4 venues in Western Cape and 1 venue in Johannesburg. The training is specifically aimed at getting you faster over your training distance. We do a speed session, a hills session, a strength running session combined with a boot camp and finally a weekend long run. The Knysna half marathon is a faster one, with a few really fast down hills, its good to learn to run fast downhill to make up some time with little effort. The marathon is a hilly tough one, so we are doing lots of hill work to get physically and mentally stronger. As we tell our athletes, running a marathon is 80% in the head and the other 20% in the head too! 🙂

We are looking forward to our long weekend run tomorrow, followed by a rest day. Then its already week 3!! Well done so far to all the Embark runners for great commitment, keep this up and we promise great rewards on race day!


Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a comment

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *